So, you want to start a bathroom renovation.
Congratulations! Making the decision is a huge step in the process. However, we know firsthand that after you make that initial choice, it is easy to get swept up in the wave of other questions that come your way, such as:
- What style of bathroom do I want?
- How much will it cost?
- Who do I hire to help me?
Deep breaths. You’ve got this, and you don’t have to go alone. We’re here to guide you through your bathroom renovation process, which is why today we’re offering our top advice about when is the best time to remodel your bathroom. Keep reading for all of our expert tips!
Bathroom Remodeling Pros and Cons
While you should be excited about your upcoming bathroom remodeling project, you certainly aren’t alone if you have hesitations. The best way to combat them? Research! Here are the top pros and cons of bathroom remodels that you can plan ahead for.
- Stylish Space – If you’ve never redone your bathroom, you’re likely living with the choices that were made by the previous homeowner. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as creating spaces in your house that perfectly reflect your style and tastes.
- Increase Resale Value – Thinking about moving? Future buyers will love to see that you’ve updated your home’s bathroom and made it a more modern space.
- Functionality – Tired of trying to fit all of your cosmetics in the tiny vanity drawers, or hate the way the shower door swings into the towel bar? Every room has quirks, but your remodel gives you the opportunity to increase the room’s functionality and make it work for your life.
- Efficiency – Older fixtures like toilets may be contributing to higher water bills. Installing a newer model will improve your water efficiency and create a more eco-friendly bathroom.
- Inconvenience – As one of the more high-traffic areas in your home, having a bathroom out of commission can be stressful for everyone involved. Remember to plan accordingly, knowing that you may be down a shower for a period of time.
- Cost – While the ROI on a bathroom renovation is fairly high, it doesn’t change the fact that a bathroom remodel comes with some serious upfront costs that you will need to budget for.
Bathroom Remodeling by Season
Wondering if it is the right time to start your bathroom renovation projects? We’re breaking it down by season so that you can plan for the time that works for you.
A winter bathroom remodel may not sound ideal at first glance. After all, you’re probably picturing contractors tracking snow inside and cold air being let into your house through an open door.
However, there are some distinct advantages to taking on a home improvement project during this time of year. It is typically easier to schedule contractors during the colder months, as it is their slow season. This means you may also be able to take advantage of their seasonal cost-saving and save some money.
Spring is typically when work starts to pick up for professional remodelers. So, you may have to deal with longer wait times. That being said, the warmer weather makes it easier for contractors to come in and out of your home, although keep in mind that they may bring mud with them, as well.
The summer months are the peak time for major bathroom renovations. If you are looking to schedule your service for the summer, you’ll want to book your contractors months in advance to make sure that the work gets done during the peak busy season.
Fall typically sees many homeowners scrambling to finish up their renovation projects in time for the holiday season. While it is not quite as slow as the off-season, you may find getting an appointment a little more doable at this time of year.
Get Help with Your Project!
Ready to get started in a timely manner? You need Lori K Bath’s expert remodeling team! We offer custom bathroom remodeling options with a faster turnaround time than most of our competitors. We can help you get the bathroom of your dream, regardless of the season. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!