It’s finally time. You’ve been thinking about it for years, and now you’re finally ready to move forward with your bathroom renovation. While it’s tempting to jump in headfirst and start calling your local contractors, you might want to reconsider.
You can begin your bathroom renovation at any time of year. But is there a best time to remodel your bathroom? We’re going to break down the pros and cons of each season so that you can get the best possible deals on your bathroom remodel!
As you begin the process of planning your bathroom renovation project, it’s good to take stock of a few important factors.
- How big is your project? – When it comes to remodeling a bathroom, are you looking to make a few changes? Maybe add some tile and new fixtures, and add some paint? Or are you looking to strip the room to the studs and totally redo it? These are two very different projects and will require different time commitments. The size of your bathroom can also affect your needs.
- Do you have a deadline? – Many people hope to finish remodeling projects before they go through a big life event. Perhaps you are expecting a baby, planning a wedding, or have a big party on the calendar. If you want your renovation to be finished at a certain point, you’ll want to schedule its start day accordingly.
Most people don’t think about starting a home renovation during the winter. After all, construction during the colder months tends to conjure up images of doors left open to the winter chill and workboots, leaving puddles on your clean floors.
Still, if you’re looking for a speedy renovation, winter might be the perfect season for you!
Winter might win the prize for “Best Time to Remodel Bathroom.” After the holiday season, the demand for contractors tends to slow. This means that your contractor might potentially offer flexible pricing for their services. It also greatly increases the chances that you can begin renovating in a timely manner, as opposed to having to waiting months.
Looking for inspiration? This is also the time of year when you will find emptier showrooms. With less foot traffic, many showrooms will offer deals on bathroom products and other fixtures.
Spring is still considered the off-season for many contractors. If you’re looking to get the best contractor possible, Spring is probably your best bet. By springtime, most contractors will have finished other jobs and will be able to start working on your projects right away.
You also have the benefit of having better weather during this season. If your bathroom renovation project requires outdoor work, this would be an ideal time to book your contractor.
Summers are when a contractor’s schedule starts to fill up. If you are aiming for an early summer remodel, you might be fine. However, if you’d rather the work start later in the summer months, you’ll want to book your contractor early.
Fall is a busy time for any contractor. Many homeowners are eager to finish every home improvement project before the upcoming holiday season. As it is the busiest time, we would say that it is the worst season to begin your bathroom remodel.
If you are determined to do your renovation projects during the autumn months, we highly encourage you to book your contractor well in advance.
Showrooms tend to also be packed during this season. If possible, we would that you not purchase products for your bathroom until the busy season passes.
What Is the Best Time for Bathroom Remodeling?
While the best time for bathroom remodels is going to depend on the personal needs of each homeowner, our recommend timeline looks something like this:
- Winter: This is the best time to purchase products from showrooms in order to ensure that you get the best deals possible.
- Spring: Try to hire your contractor for spring. This is the best time to begin actual renovations.
- Summer: Ideally, you would finish up all renovations by early summer!
- Fall: Enjoy your beautiful new bathroom remodel!
Want to Learn More?
The best renovation season is just around the corner! Ready to talk with a professional about your options? Lori K Bath has been renovating bathrooms in the Northwest Indiana area since 2017. Contact our knowledgeable team at Lori K Bath to get a free consultation!