When we picture our dream bathroom, we’ll admit we have some delusions of grandeur.
Heated floor, claw foot tub, double sinks in the vanity, and a multi-head walk-in shower…sounds good, right?
The truth is, that the majority of homeowners don’t have the room for a lavish, Hollywood-style bathroom. Most of us are making do with limited space.
That being said, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a bathroom that feels:
- Luxurious ✨
- Functional 👍
- Beautiful 🌸
It all starts with getting rid of the elements that no longer serve you and focusing on the ones that you do. For you, this might start with a shower to tub conversion! Not sure what that means or how it could benefit you? We’ll be breaking down everything you need to know about a shower conversion, from cost to installation time.
Why Convert Your Shower? 🤷🏽
The majority of adults use a shower for their daily bathing needs. But bathrooms are not one-size-fits-all, and as your life has changed, you might find that your needs have too.
If you’ve been dreaming about relaxing in a warm bubble bath or have been wishing for a bathing option that was easier for you, you aren’t alone. And if you’ve never considered converting your existing shower into a bathtub, we think you might want to start! Here are some of our favorite reasons to invest in a shower to tub conversion.
- Mobility Needs – All bodies change as time goes on. As you age, you may find that your mobility isn’t quite what it used to be. Perhaps the idea of standing up for fifteen minutes to take a shower is starting to feel daunting. A bathtub conversion takes your limited mobility into consideration and will help take your bathing experience from a stressful experience to an enjoyable one.
- Preference – Sometimes, it’s not rocket science. You might simply prefer taking a bath to taking a shower! If you’ve been living without a bathtub in your home for some time, you may have gotten used to taking showers. That said, a shower to tub conversion can help you enjoy your space even more than you initially thought.
- Easy to Clean – We’ve all gone through the dreaded process of scrubbing down our shower at one point or another. With all the nooks and crannies, and streaky glass doors, it can feel impossible to get it completely clean (not to mention it’s hard on your back). A bathtub is infinitely easier when it comes to cleaning.
- Remodeling – Have you been considering a complete bathroom remodel to help modernize your space? Why not add a beautiful bathtub in the process? A shower conversion can be a quick, painless process when you work with a qualified bathroom remodeler. Doing it during your remodel can create a lot of visual impact without inconveniencing you.
- Family Friendly – As the years go by, our family systems change, as well. If you have young children, you may be finding that a shower isn’t optimal when it comes to bathtime. A brand-new tub conversion will make bathtime a breeze.
- Therapeutic – Bathtubs are great tools when it comes to soothing sore muscles, dealing with injuries, or helping with anxiety. The therapeutic qualities simply cannot be beat!
How Much Will It Cost? 💸
If you’re considering a shower to tub conversion, we already know the #1 question on your mind.
“How much will it cost?”
If this is your primary concern, you are in good company. In fact, the majority of homeowners avoid taking on the bathroom remodels they want to do because they are concerned about cost.
However, trust us when we tell you that your shower to tub conversion can transform your space at a fraction of the cost of a full bathroom renovation.
The average bath conversion will come in at around $1,200-$3,000. The price is dependent on a variety of factors, including labor costs, the style you choose, and customizations such as a walk-in tub feature.
How Long Will Installation Take? ⏰
The second most popular reason for homeowners to put off a remodel?
A bathroom is one of the most high-traffic areas in a home. Having one out of commission for a few weeks can be inconvenient for you and your family. We have good news for you, though! Your shower to tub conversion can be completed in a timely manner!
A qualified contractor can complete your shower to tub conversion in a single day! That means no long wait times for you. You can get back to your life and the things that are the most important to you.
How to Do a Shower to Tub Conversion ✅
So, how does the bath conversion process work, anyway? Here’s what you can expect during your shower to tub conversion.
1) Research Contractors
Arguably the most important step in the process starts before anyone touches your shower. It’s crucial that you research the bathroom remodelers around you to find one who is qualified to do a shower to tub conversion. This will help you greatly when it comes to getting a speedy installation time and the results that you want.
2) Order Your Tub
Once your contractor has inspected your bathroom and taken the necessary measurements, they will order a bathtub that fits perfectly into the space your shower currently occupies.
3) Demo Shower
Once your bathtub is ready to go, the bathroom remodelers will begin the demolition process by removing your existing shower. Many companies also choose to remove things such as tile in order to give your bathroom a fresh start.
4) Install Tub
Once the remnants of the shower have been cleared, it is time to install your new acrylic tub. Most companies will also install acrylic shower panels to create a bathroom that is easy to clean and maintain. Your contractor will clean up, and then voila! Your bathtub conversion is complete!
Schedule Your Shower Conversion Today! ☎️
Have we convinced you yet? If you are considering a shower to tub conversion, you want the best possible team by your side. At Lori K Bath, we are experts in all things related to bathroom remodeling. We can help you create a bathroom that fits your vision and lifestyle.
Ready to get started? Contact our team today to get a free quote on your shower to tub conversion!